Why do we need to clear cache/ history from the browser? How do we do it?
Facing issues while using your web app or a site you are trying to access? You are going to call the support center and mostly, the first question you are about to be asked would be “Did you try clearing your cache?”
Why do we need to clear our cache or web history in between? Coz you feel, it’s such a tedious and boring task.
Well, reasons are many that you need to clear your cache/web history. Web browsers have an important part to load the pages while you try to access a website or a web app. clearing cache helps in removing all the previously loaded page versions and load as a new page and this is helpful when:
Runtime errors occur while loading
There are privacy issues
A new feature or service has been introduced and so on
Steps on how to clear cache history from different kinds of browsers:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. On the top right, click on ‘Menu Grid’ as shown below.
3. Click on ‘More tools’ options and then, ‘Clear browsing data’.
4. In the popup that
appears, choose data types you wish to clear. Choose a timeframe to delete the
cached history from the drop-down list.
5. Click Clear browsing data to delete history.
Or, you could delete your browsing history by choosing ‘History’ (or Ctrl + H) from the Menu Grid.
How to clear cache/history from Mozilla Firefox?
1.Open the browser page Mozilla Firefox.
2. Click on the Grid located
on the top right corner of Mozilla and click ‘History’
3. Select ‘Clear Recent History’ and a new window would be seen as below.
4. In the popup that appears, choose data types you wish to clear. Choose a timeframe to delete the cached history from the drop-down list.
5. Click 'Clear Now' to delete history.
1. Go to ‘Options’ on home page.
2. Choose 'Advanced' from the tabs on left pane and then 'Network' and click 'Clear Now' to delete all browsing history.
How to clear cache/web history from Internet Explorer (IE)?
1. Launch Internet Explorer.
2. Click on the 'Settings/Tools' icon found on the right hand side top of the browser.
You can also access this menu by holding Ctrl + Shift + Delete when on the browser page of IE.
3. A new pop up named 'Delete Browsing History' will be launched as follows.
4. Choose the data types you wish to delete and click on 'Delete' button.
How to clear cache/history from Safari browser?
1. Launch Safari browser and click on the 'Settings' icon and choose ‘Preferences’ from drop-down list.
2. Go to 'Privacy' tab on the popup as shown below.
3. Click 'Remove All Website Data'.
How to clear cache/browsing history from Opera?
1. Launch Opera browser and click on the Menu Tab located on the top left corner of the page. Go to ‘History’ as shown below. (Alternatively, you could access the menu by holding ‘Ctrl + H’ on Opera page).